Everyone is scrambling to visit Cuba, a diverse island paradise seemingly stuck in the 60s. From classic car tours through Old Havana and bike tours through Vinales' tobacco country to scuba diving in the Bay of Pigs, flamingo watching in Cienfuegos and waterfall jumping and art walk tours in Trinidad - Cuba has something for everyone. The Eastern part of the island, which is visited far less frequently, offers some of the richest history, is the birthplace of salsa music, and is home to incredible architecture, spectacular national parks, wildlife reserves, and white sand beaches. See my previous blog posts on Camping in Guantanamo and Cuba's incredible recycling efforts to get a feel for the day-to-day life that few tourists encounter during their trips.
Join me to explore Cuban culture, history, food, music, and to get to know the kind, generous, and endlessly optimistic Cuban people. Find more info about my February 2018 group trip to Cuba or contact me for more details.
“I joined one of EscapingNY’s 10-day group tours and had an absolutely amazing time and I can’t say enough good things about the trip. I so much enjoyed meeting a variety of Cubans from different walks of life to learn about their daily life and culture.”
- Susan, Los Angeles, February, 2017
"EscapingNY helped me plan my own solo trip to Cuba, providing great tips for staying within my budget, and narrowing down the worthwhile places to visit based on my interests. As a result, I felt a lot more confident traveling alone and had a successful trip because of it. I recommend EscapingNY to anyone needing a trustworthy guide outside of a travel book."
- Marissa Stern, Detroit, Michigan, October, 2016
“I joined EscapingNY group trips to both Mexico and Cuba, which offered in-depth, authentic experiences. I’d highly recommend EscapingNY to anyone interested in really getting to know a country.”
- Wei C., (New York City), November 2017
- Ride in a classic American convertible
- Visit the hottest night clubs, art galleries, and theaters
- Explore tobacco plantations, secret swimming holes, and caves with nature guides!
- Zip line across valleys in tobacco country!
- Bike through the streets of Old Havana
- Stay at the homes of local families
- Scuba dive and snorkel in the infamous Bay of Pigs
- Go horseback riding to hidden waterfalls in the forest
- Attend guided educational tours focusing architecture, mob life, or Santeria/Afro-Cuban religion